MaryKay Dreisilker qualified for the 2020 CrossFit Games with a 35th place finish in the Open.
She’s been working with Legion since 2017, so we figured it would be good to get MK’s thoughts on training – especially in times of wild uncertainty.
This is the first part of our interview and was recorded in March, and things have obviously been changing rapidly since then. MK’s advice on dealing with uncertainty and the emotional rollercoaster of training is salient as always.
Check out the full conversation with Jon, Luke, Todd and MaryKay to learn:
- How to handle bad days in training – and when it’s ok to feel your feelings and when it’s time to move on
- How to avoid feeling guilty if you have a bad day in the gym or need to skip something
- How to handle uncertainty and chaos – especially in relation to something that you’ve worked really hard for
- Google Play
- Or stream here:
- If you’re enjoying the show, why not a leave a review? It makes a difference in terms of other people finding the show.
Check out more from MaryKay here
- Instagram: @marykaydrei
- [00:53] MaryKay’s background in both gymnastics and ultimate frisbee
- [06:02] Starting CrossFit on a Groupon – and gradually transitioning into taking training more seriously and eventually pursuing competition
- [14:45] How does MK handle bad days in training? And, the process of separating the emotions of training with the actual effort you put into training.
- [22:27] How does MK handle modifying training – and how to avoid feeling guilty if you have a bad day in the gym or need to skip something.
- [25:48] How is MK reacting to the uncertainty in the 2020 CrossFit season?