At this point, many coaches and athletes understand that doing well in CrossFit® events requires freakish endurance. It’s not about how strong or how powerful you are – it’s about how well you can repeat efforts while you’re fatigued.
One of the best ways to improve repeatability is by training the aerobic system. But, how should that be done?
Is it just about spending some time biking, rowing and running? Should athletes be doing intervals?
How do we get the work that we do on something like the Assault Bike to actually translate into improvements during thrusters, burpees and double-unders?
Check out the full conversation with Michael to learn:
- Why the aerobic system matters for development of CrossFit athletes
- How aerobic training has evolved for CrossFitters over the years
- Why just doing rowing intervals won’t necessarily make you better when you have to do thrusters and double-unders
- How to structure intensity and volume of aerobic sessions to allow athletes to improve in multiple areas at once
Listen below – or on the podcast player of your choice.
- Google Podcasts
- Or stream here:
- If you’re enjoying the show, why not a leave a review? It makes a difference in terms of other people finding the show.